This burial aisle is the second-oldest building on this trail and is part of the Old Town Cemetery. The Aisle, also known as the Scott Aisle, was added in 1636 by Hugh Scott, the Laird of Gala, as a burial aisle next to the former kirk that was built in 1617. This kirk was demolished in 1813 leaving the aisle as a free-standing survivor.
The roof was replaced in 1992. The much-weathered plaque on the south gable once read “Glorie to God in hevin, peace on earth and gud vil among men”.
This building is Category B listed.