Author Talk and Q&A with Mary Paulson-Ellis
Mary Paulson-Ellis lives in Edinburgh where she writes about the world of people who die with no next-of-kin. Her critically acclaimed debut, The Other Mrs Walker was a Times bestseller and Waterstones Scottish Book of the Year. Her second, The Inheritance of Solomon Farthing was long-listed for the McIlvanney Prize for best Scottish crime novel and a Historical Writers Association Gold Crown. Mary’s work has featured in the Guardian and on BBC Radio 4. In 2019 Val McDermid named her one of the most compelling LGBTQ+ writers working today. Emily Noble’s Disgrace is her third novel.
Mary will be discussing her three novels and the experience of becoming a writer, including props, a reading and an audience Q&A.
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland
- College graduates will boost Scotland’s economy by £52 billion over their working lives
- Gala Fairydean Rovers Football Club Receives Generous Grant from Hayward Sanderson Trust
- A Look Back on The Sports Heritage in Galashiels Project