Formed in 1981 by guitar playing founder members, the late Stuart Adamson and Bruce Watson, both native of the band’s hometown Dunfermline in Scotland.
Initially driven by a shared vision of widescreen guitar melody, harmony and lyric, the classic Big Country sound was further enhanced later that summer by the arrival of drummer Mark Brzezicki and bass player Tony Butler. This is the Big Country that, with Producer Steve Lillywhite, recorded the classic debut album The Crossing in 1983.
’40 years on Big Country are back and firing on all cylinders’
Over 14s: 14-16s must be accompanied by an adult over 18
- Making Galashiels Better: Creating a Place Plan for Galashiels
- It’s a gift from Galashiels this Christmas, with our biggest Mi-Rewards prize ever!
- Energise Galashiels Trust shortlisted for more awards
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland