Braw Lad’s Gathering Gala Day
A ceremonial ride out, established in 1930 to commemorate events and associations in the history of the town. It is led by the Braw Lad and Braw Lass along with their four principles who carry out ceremonies along the route.
FOR THE GATHERINGS
March Past of Principals and the Roses Ceremony at 19:50
Now well established this ceremony provides a fitting closure to the day. Braw Lads’Gathering Principals from previous years are automatically invited to take part in a “March Past” from the foot of Bank Street Brae to the War Memorial. The march sets off at 7:50pm allowing the party, led by the current Braw Lad and Braw Lass to arrive at the War Memorial for 8pm. The Braw Lass, accompanied by the Braw Lad and Attendants places the Red and White Roses she mixed in the morning at the Old Town Cross ceremony, on to the plinth
FINAL FLING – 21:00
The Ex-Braw Lads’ and Lasses Association hold this event annually with live music playing into the early hours in a packed Volunteer Hall. The Braw Lad, Braw Lass and Attendants relax with friends and family whilst receiving the congratulations from many well wishers on a job well done.
- Making Galashiels Better: Creating a Place Plan for Galashiels
- It’s a gift from Galashiels this Christmas, with our biggest Mi-Rewards prize ever!
- Energise Galashiels Trust shortlisted for more awards
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland