Collage with Emma Aiken @ Galashiels Library
This collage workshop will involve tearing and cutting pre-made, bought, and found papers as well as the opportunity to create your own painted papers. These can be layered to create beautiful combinations and tell your story. Inks and paints may be added to further enrich the surface and complete your work. You may wish to bring along flat items to include that mean something to you personally (eg newspaper cuttings, scraps of fabric, feathers, etc.)
Emma is an established stained glass artist who studied this as well as drawing and painting at Edinburgh College of Art. All her ideas start on paper and her interest in collage has sprung from wrestling with ideas for stained glass windows – literally tearing them up at times to rearrange or integrate with something new.
Venue: Galashiels Library
Date: Tuesday 27 June
Time: 14.00 – 16.00
- It’s a gift from Galashiels this Christmas, with our biggest Mi-Rewards prize ever!
- Energise Galashiels Trust shortlisted for more awards
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland
- College graduates will boost Scotland’s economy by £52 billion over their working lives