Hailing from Edinburgh, Dubinski are four inseparable brothers: Eugene, Fergus, Donal and Eoin Gaine. Originally from the remote green hills of North Yorkshire, the Gaine brothers lived their childhood in atmospheric and social isolation. A shared love of music was the common thread amongst the four, so they spent their adolescent years writing and performing for the sheer joy of it.
Eventually the brothers moved to Edinburgh for their university studies, but the music passion never abated, so post-university they decided to raise the bar of their childhood music ‘hobby’ and make a proper go of it. Taking on the band name Dubinski (their late mother’s maiden name), the band wrote and recorded the songs that would eventually become their debut album.
Working with Grammy Award winning producers/engineers Mike Horner (Yonaka, Franz Ferdinand, Hot Chip) and Robbie Nelson (Beck, Jarvis Cocker, Rolling Stones), Dubinski recorded the entire album at RAK Studios in London. Dubinski’s debut album is set for release in Autumn 2022.
Three Out of Four
- It’s a gift from Galashiels this Christmas, with our biggest Mi-Rewards prize ever!
- Energise Galashiels Trust shortlisted for more awards
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland
- College graduates will boost Scotland’s economy by £52 billion over their working lives