It’s time to get baking!
Puffs of flour fill the air
The perfect platter of Gingerbread people is ready for the oven.
But one of these biscuits has other ideas…
Ginger tells the tale of a misshapen gingerbread person, discarded and marked for the bin. Follow our biscuity hero as they inspire a picture-perfect kitchen to come alive in a cacophony of chaos.
Created by multi-award-winners Tortoise in a Nutshell, in association with Lyth Arts Centre and Platform.
Supported by the National Lottery through Creative Scotland.
Ginger draws inspiration from The Gingerbread Man, creating an original reimagining of a well-known folktale about one character’s flight to freedom. But should Ginger keep on running? Or has the time come to take a stand and claim back the kitchen?
Two performers, one a battle-hardened chef, the other a hidden puppeteer, create a cacophony of chaos. A choir of operatic Brussels sprouts, somersaulting teaspoons and ominous sink monsters, are all brought to life using a mix of puppetry, magic and projection.
We bring you this brand new production for 3-7s, to audiences across the Borders this Autumn.
Ticket are £6 for adults and £4 for children
Book your tickets here
- It’s a gift from Galashiels this Christmas, with our biggest Mi-Rewards prize ever!
- Energise Galashiels Trust shortlisted for more awards
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland
- College graduates will boost Scotland’s economy by £52 billion over their working lives