Local Destination Development Meeting
Join the South of Scotland Destination Alliance in developing marketing assets for your area. Local businesses will be able to
- Feed into the development of the South of Scotland Responsible Tourism Strategy, which will underpin the work of all related agencies, including SOSE, Visit Scotland, D&G Council, Scottish Borders Council and SSDA for the next decade.
- Agree local priorities and clear actions to support tourism in your area.
- Agree a locally-appropriate way of extending the visitor season, as part of a major new destination-wide campaign.
- Listen to how you want your local area represented (including the commissioning of new promotional films for all 14 areas within the South of Scotland).
- Discuss how the Scotland Starts Here brand can best support businesses locally.
- Build new local collaborations between businesses.
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland
- College graduates will boost Scotland’s economy by £52 billion over their working lives
- Gala Fairydean Rovers Football Club Receives Generous Grant from Hayward Sanderson Trust
- A Look Back on The Sports Heritage in Galashiels Project