MARCH PAST OF PRINCIPALS & ROSES CEREMONY
Now well established this ceremony provides a fitting closure to the day. Braw Lads’Gathering Principals from previous years are automatically invited to take part in a “March Past” from the foot of Bank Street Brae to the War Memorial. The March sets off at 7:50pm allowing the party, led by the current Braw Lad and Braw Lass to arrive at the War Memorial for 8pm. The Braw Lass, accompanied by the Braw Lad and Attendants places the Red and White Roses she mixed in the morning at the Old Town Cross ceremony, on to the plinth.
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland
- College graduates will boost Scotland’s economy by £52 billion over their working lives
- Gala Fairydean Rovers Football Club Receives Generous Grant from Hayward Sanderson Trust
- A Look Back on The Sports Heritage in Galashiels Project