THE SONGS OF LEONARD COHEN KEITH JAMES IN CONCERT
These remarkable songs – stripped back to their bare honesty and courage.
Enigmatic, mysterious and sub textural, songwriter Leonard Cohen was an unflinching character, with an exact sense of prose, wry humour and the courage to wrestle with the unspoken, forgiving human frailty with the stroke of each word.
The chilling announcement of Leonard’s death marked the end of an era. His music befriended an entire generation. Within every line of his writing, he has been challenging us to listen more carefully, speak more thoughtfully, think more deeply and recognize our own fragility. Our World misses him very much.
With a lifetime reputation of performing in this exact way and an undying love of the ‘pure song’ Keith James gives you a concert of Cohen’s amazing material in the most intimate and sensitive way imaginable, exposing the solitary inner strength of his greatest songs in their original perfect form.
‘Some of the most atmospheric and emotive music you will ever hear’ The Independent
Ages 14+ (under 16s must be accompanied by an over 18)
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland
- College graduates will boost Scotland’s economy by £52 billion over their working lives
- Gala Fairydean Rovers Football Club Receives Generous Grant from Hayward Sanderson Trust
- A Look Back on The Sports Heritage in Galashiels Project