XR BORDERS PRESENT FILM: MY EXTINCTION
What does it take for us to act on the climate crisis – especially if we’re the kind of person who should already be acting?
In this funny, relatable portrait, a concerned yet ineffectual dad finds the first step is letting those unbearable feelings of climate anxiety in, instead of pushing them aside.
But as he meets others like him, he discovers how oil-backed propagandists funded our denial and paralysis. They set out to unmask the vested interests responsible, helping raise a generation’s leading authors in vibrant chorus at the game-changing Tufton Street protest.
MY EXTINCTION is a revealingly honest account of how to feel your feelings, act on your privilege, and get active when threatened with extinction.
Doors: 1.30pm / 2pm start
Tickets: By donation on the door (seated)
- Making Galashiels Better: Creating a Place Plan for Galashiels
- It’s a gift from Galashiels this Christmas, with our biggest Mi-Rewards prize ever!
- Energise Galashiels Trust shortlisted for more awards
- What to love about Galashiels
- Discover the Charms of Galashiels: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Scotland