Hayward Sanderson Trust
The Hayward Sanderson Trust - The Hayward Sanderson Trust came into being in 2012, following the approval of the re-organisation of The R S Hayward Trust (formed in 1954) and the Lucy Sanderson Cottage Homes Charity (formed in 1933). The Board of Trustees meets quarterly to assess grant applications.
The average annual grants value and number of successful applicants made over the 4-year period 2017 to 2020 was £160,000 p.a. to approximately 50 beneficiaries.
The Hayward Sanderson Trust Deed
A summary of the range of activities able to be supported by Hayward Sanderson Trust, primarily in Galashiels and the Scottish Borders, is:
- The advancement of health, education and training
- The provision of recreational facilities such as halls, playing fields, parks and gardens
- The prevention, or relief, of poverty
- The relief of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship, or other disadvantage
- The advancement of religion