14. Memorial of Sir Walter Scott

14. Memorial of Sir Walter Scott

Town Trail

Sir Walter Scott Memorial

This memorial of Sir Walter Scott was commissioned by the Abbotsford Scott Fellowship in 1932 for the 100th anniversary of the writer’s death. The bronze bust commemorates his involvement with Galashiels.

Abbotsford House, which was his home from 1812 to 1832, lies just across the River Tweed and is open to visitors. More information about Abbotsford House can be found here.

Stop 14 of 20

Key Information

Date built:

20th century

Building open to the public:


What 3 Words Locator text

This location is accessible to anyone with mobility issues.

Next Location

Galashiels Interchange

Galashiels Interchange

The new Galashiels Transport Interchange was commissioned by the Scottish...

5a Bank St, Galashiels, TD1 1EN

With thanks to

Website managed by

© 2022 Galashiels Heartland of the Borders | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Site Credits

Website design by McGowan Marketing