3. Galashiels Church of Scotland, formerly Old Parish and St Paul’s Church

3. Galashiels Church of Scotland, formerly Old Parish and St Paul’s Church

Town Trail

Old Parish and St Paul's Church, Galashiels

This impressive church building, formerly known as Old Parish and St Paul’s Church, held its first service in November 1881 to the accompaniment of organ music and was built to provide additional room for the expanding congregation of the Parish Church near Mercat Cross. The Parish Church closed in 1931 and the congregation combined with St Paul’s.

The Old Parish and St Paul’s Church was renamed Galashiels Church of Scotland in 2022.

You can read more about the building’s history here.

Stop 3 of 20

Key Information

Date built:

1881

Building open to the public:

Yes.

What 3 Words Locator text

This location is accessible to anyone with mobility issues.
Photograph of Old Parish and St Paul's Church in Galashiels

Next Location

Galashiels Interchange

Galashiels Interchange

The new Galashiels Transport Interchange was commissioned by the Scottish...

5a Bank St, Galashiels, TD1 1EN

With thanks to

Website managed by

© 2022 Galashiels Heartland of the Borders | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Site Credits

Website design by McGowan Marketing